InfraRed IR Sensor commonly known as IR Sensor is nothing but a combination of IR source and a light detector called photo diode and it work on principal of transmitting light and receiving it and comparing the received amount of light with the help of a comparator LM358. IR Sensors are commonly used in detecting object and obstacles; it can also detect color. In short we can say IR sensor gives ability to autonomous robots to detect lines or nearby objects to autonomous robots. The Sensor have Digital as well as analog output also it have 4-pin header which make it easy to connect to main board via female to female jumper wire. A mounting hole lets you easily connect one or more of these on any surface.
It is a multipurpose infrared sensor which can be used for obstacle sensing, line sensing, etc. and also as an encoder sensor. The sensor provides a digital output. The sensor outputs a logic one (+3.5V) at the digital output when an object is placed in front of the sensor and logic zero (0V), when there is no object in front of the sensor. An onboard LED is used to indicate the presence of an object. This IR PROXIMITY/ OBSTACLE SENSOR is designed to work with almost all ARDUINO boards and MICROCONTROLLERs – AVR, PIC, 8051, ARM etc. Operating Voltage: 5V Adjustable Range using preset (potentio-meter on board) Since the sensor module works on INFRARED, for obstacles with reflective surfaces (white colored), the maximum range will be higher and for non-reflective surfaces (black colored), and the maximum range will be lower. This can in turn be used for detecting white/black lines (in line follower ROBOTs) or bright/dark objects (in object identification ROBOTs) Useful for various Robotic Applications, Room Visitor Counter Systems, etc
- Adjustable Range using preset (Using Potentiometer On board),
- Operating Voltage: 5V DC,
- Digital Output: logic one (+3.5V DC) logic zero (0V DC),
- Mounting Hole of 2.5mm diameter for Easy Mounting. ,
- This can in turn be used for detecting white/black lines (in line follower ROBOTs) or bright/dark objects (in object identification ROBOTs),
- Useful for various Robotic Applications, Room Visitor Counter Systems, etc.
- COMPATIBLE WITH ARDUINO, RASPBERRY PI, ARM, AVR, PIC, 8051, etc.