IR Sensor is nothing but a combination of IR source and a light detector called photo diode and it work on principal of transmitting light and receiving it and comparing the received amount of light with the help of a comparator LM358. An onboard LED is used to indicate the presence of an output.
In digital form the sensor outputs a logic one (+3.5V) output when an object is placed in front of the sensor and logic zero (0V), when there is no object in front of the sensor.
Whereas, in analog form, AO pin will give output range from 0 to 1023 corresponding to 8-bit ADC Channel. That type of output used for various analog input & special used for color detecting Line Follower Robot
In short we can say our IR sensor gives ability to autonomous robots to detect lines or nearby objects to autonomous robots. The Sensor have Digital as well as analog output also it have 4-pin header which make it easy to connect to main board via female to female jumper wire. A mounting hole lets you easily connect one or more of these on any surface.
- Both Digital & Analog output available for user
- Adjustable Range using preset (Using Potentiometer On board),
- Operating Voltage: 3.3-5V DC,
- Digital Output: logic one (+3.5V DC) logic zero (0V DC),
- Analog Output: 0 to 1023 respective to 5v & 8bit ADC.
- Mounting Hole of 2.5mm diameter for Easy Mounting. ,
- This can in turn be used for detecting white/black lines (in line follower ROBOTs) or bright/dark objects (in object identification ROBOTs),
- Useful for various Robotic Applications, Room Visitor Counter Systems, etc.
- COMPATIBLE WITH ARDUINO, RASPBERRY PI, ARM, AVR, PIC, 8051, etc.